Monday, December 8, 2008

Friends

I am so thankful to have so many good friends. Before we moved here I only had 1, my RS Pres. I miss her tons, but have been so blessed. Granted there were icky things going on and I felt I had to isolate our family, but it was very lonely. I remember crying and praying things would be different once we got here, and could not imagine actually having one friend let alone many. While I can be a little obnoxious sometimes, they stick by and just let it pass. Life is so much richer and so much fuller when we have friends to share it with. I never thought I would feel part of anything again. We all probably feel like outsides in our own lives sometimes, but thankfully that passes, too. In 2 months my oldest friend and I will celebrate our 20 year anniversary. So awesome. It would be so great to keep you all that long. Even better, each of the boys has at least a few good friends. They have tried so hard to be good friends and bond with kids in their school and church classes and have been pretty successful. It is such a blessing to see them fitting in for the most part in spite of their individual struggles. It doesn't seem worth it sometimes, but things straighten out and turn out well. Thanks to those of you who share your boys (and Kylie) with mine.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Friends definitely make life sweeter! I am glad you came here to be my friend and for all the things I have learned from you and from our friendship. I am definitely a better person now because of you. You also helped bring out the fun Cheryl (who had been lost for a while!) :)